In the academic year 2019-2020 the statutory tuition fee for bachelor programmes is €2,083. First-year students pay €1,041.
You pay the statutory tuition fee if you:
- have the Dutch nationality or the nationality of another country that is part of the EEA, or the Surinamese or Swiss nationality and
- have not already obtained a bachelor's degree from a government-funded programme in the Netherlands at the start of the academic year.
If these conditions do not apply to you, there may be other conditions through which you are eligible for the statutory tuition fee. To find out, please check the tuition fee regulation.
In all other cases you pay the institution tuition fee. In the academic year 2019-2020 the institution fee is €9,800.
NON-EU students, please take into account the costs of the immigration procedure.
If you qualify for a study grant, you will need to apply for this study grant at DUO Studiefinanciering (called ‘studiefinanciering’ in Dutch).
Besides the nationally-set tuition fee, please take into account the cost of:
- A laptop
During your studies, you make use of the wireless Breda University of Applied Sciences network with you own laptop. After you have applied, you will receive Breda University of Applied Sciences login details. These login details will give you acces to the network, but also to surfspot.nl where you can buy hard- and software at reduces prices.
To log on to the network your laptop must be equipped with:
- a wireless network interface card
- the latest Windows updates
- the latest anti virus software
- The introduction programme €135
- propaedeutic phase €550
- other years, PM
- Company visits and excursion: *
- propaedeutic phase: €400
- main phase I: €375
- main phase II: €350
- Purchase uniform for Sibelicious (the training company); an apron, a scarf/ tie and two blouses) €90
- Facilities of the training company (Sibelicious) and the Food & Beverage components of the curriculum, like utensils/ cutlery, ingredients for kitchen and restaurant facilities €160
All prices are subject to change.
* Breda University of Applied Sciences offers the opportunity to do a (free) alternative assignment in case a student can’t join the regular excursion programme.