The Academy of Hotel Management is allowed to select all its students. In case you have not obtained your secondary school diploma yet, you can already apply by submitting your current grade list.
Make sure you apply before the deadline of 1 May.
For students with a diploma from a Dutch educational institution the application procedure consists of four steps:
- Step 1: Enrolment application via Studielink
- Step 2: Apply via My online application
- Step 3: Take part in the selection procedure
- Step 4: Complete your registration; payment of tuition fee (when you have been selected)
Step 1: Enrolment application via Studielink
You are to apply through Studielink, the application and enrolment portal provided by the Netherlands Ministry of Education.
You can track the status of your application on your personal Studielink page and in the progress overview in My online application.
Step 2: Apply via My online application
Once you have submitted your Studielink enrolment, you will receive an email inviting you to follow up on your Studielink enrolment by applying in My online application; the sooner the better!
In My online application you will be requested:
- To upload your application documents:
- CV (in English),
- Motivation letter in English,
- Secondary school diploma including list of grades or your most recent list of grades if you have not obtained your diploma yet
- Select a date to participate in a selection day
After submitting your application package, no later than 1 May, you will be invited to a selection day at BUAS campus. Please note that the invitation is only sent when your application package is complete! Along with this invitation, you will receive log-in details to:
- Complete an online Assessment test (NOA) consisting of the parts: a capacity test, a competency test, a study related personality test and an English comprehension test.
- Furthermore, you are asked to prepare a personal ‘pitch’ for the selection interview
During a selection day the academy will determine which candidates will be admitted to the degree programme.
Step 3: Take part in the selection procedure
The selection day consists of several parts:
- Introduction to Breda University of Applied Sciences’ International Hotel Management programme
- Speed dating: opportunity to ask questions to lecturers, students, coaches and/or team members from our in-school training company ‘Sibelicious’
- Selection interview
1. You will start with a personal pitch in which you have the chance to introduce yourself,
2. The results of the English test and personality test will be discussed
3. An interview with the selection committee in which e.g. your motivation, (international) hospitality experience and personal traits and characteristics are discussed.
- Tour of the building / Campus
Within 3 weeks after the selection day, you will be notified whether or not you have been accepted to the programme.
- Selection Criteria besides the formal admission requirements
Besides the formal admission requirements, affinity with the hospitality industry and/or proven work experience in this industry are also taken into account. Other selection criteria include analytical skills, understanding of commercial matters, social intelligence, service-oriented attitude, innovative mindset, language skills, independence and entrepreneurial spirit. In addition to this, you must demonstrate your proficiency in English. We will also discuss the level of your second foreign language.
Step 4: Complete your registration: payment of tuition fee
In order to complete your registration, you need to confirm your digital authorization or pay your tuition fee. More information about payment of tuition fee.
We will keep in touch
During the entire application, selection and registration procedure, we will keep in touch with you through email. Please make sure you read and respond to the instructions in time. You can follow your progress in your pre-study portal.