The Hotel Management programme is allowed to select its students itself by means of a selection procedure. After registration in Studielink (which is the national administration system for higher education in the Netherlands), you have to take part in the selection procedure.
Make sure you follow the right procedure.
Do you have a diploma from a Dutch education institution (diplomas from the Netherlands Antilles not included)? Please follow the application procedure for Dutch students, even if you do not have Dutch nationality.
Do you have a diploma from a Non-Dutch educational institution (educational institutions from the Netherlands Antilles included)? Please follow the application procedure for international students, even if you have Dutch nationality.
The application deadline is 1 May.
For students with a diploma from a non-Dutch educational institution the application consists of three steps:
- Step 1: Enrol via Studielink
- Step 2: Apply via My online application
- Step 3: Your documents will be assessed - the selection procedure
- Step 4: Complete your registration; payment of tuition fee
Step 1: Enrol via Studielink
You are to enrol via Studielink, the application and enrolment portal provided by the Netherlands Ministry of Education. You can track the status of your application on your personal Studielink page and in the progress overview in My online application.
Step 2: Apply via My online application
Once you have submitted your Studielink enrolment, you will receive an email inviting you to follow up on your Studielink enrolment by applying in My online application.
In My online application you will be requested to upload your application documents:
- CV (in English),
- Motivation letter in English,
- Copy of your ID card - passport
- Secondary school diploma including list of grades (and translation in case these documents are not in one of the following languages: English, French, German or Dutch) or your most recent list of grades if you have not obtained your diploma yet
You will also be requested to upload a personal video message, to convince us that you are the right candidate for the programme. In this video, you should introduce yourself and share your motivation for studying at BUas.
- Criteria video message
The video should be English spoken, representative and no longer than 4 minutes. You are free to choose your own structure and content,
Topics that could be discussed:
- Why did you choose to study in the Netherlands, what are your reasons for choosing our university and why hotel management?
- What can you tell us about the content of the education at the Academy for Hotel & Facility?
Prior developed knowledge and skills:
- What (work)experience in hospitality have you gained? Have you been working or studying abroad?
- Tell us about your previous education (about the level and the course), language, skills, experience in group work and presentations.
Strong points / development points:
- What do you want to develop further and what do you need to improve?
- Are you financially able to study in the Netherlands? Do you need a study Visa?
- Have you thought about alternatives (plan B) in case you will not get accepted and what are these alternatives?
Step 3: Your documents will be assessed - the selection procedure
As soon as the application package is complete (the documents are screened for eligibility, the educational background, and the language proficiency (English), the video message will be assessed by the academy.
Besides the formal admission requirements, there are several selection criteria. First and foremost, we are looking for intrinsically motivated individuals. Potential students that have affinity with the hospitality industry and/or proven work experience in this industry. Other selection criteria include personal qualities such as: analytical skills, understanding of commercial matters, social intelligence, service-oriented attitude, innovative mindset, communication skills, independence and entrepreneurial spirit. In addition to this, applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English.
You can track the status of your admission in My online application.
Step 4: Complete your registration: payment of tuition fee
In order to complete your registration, you need to confirm your digital authorization or pay your tuition fee. More information about payment of tuition fee.
We will keep in touch
During the entire application, selection and registration procedure, Breda University of Applied Sciences will keep in touch with you via email. Please make sure you read and respond to the instructions in time.