Application and selection procedure
The Hotel Management programme is allowed to select its own students itself on the basis of previous education and additional requirements and therefore it supplies a selection procedure. Please make sure you have applied in Studielink and have submitted all the requested documents before the application deadline of 1 May.
- Step 1: Enter your enrolment application in Studielink
You are to enrol via Studielink, the application and enrolment portal for higher education programmes in the Netherlands.
- Step 2: Apply via My Online Application
Once you have submitted your Studielink enrolment application, you will receive an email inviting you to follow up on your Studielink application by applying in My Online Application.
In My Online Application you will be requested to answer additional questions (e.g. about your English proficiency) and to upload your application documents:
- CV (in English),
- Motivation letter in English,
- Copy of your ID card - passport
- Secondary school diploma including grade list (and translation in case these documents are not in one of the following languages: English, French, German or Dutch) or your most recent grade list if you have not yet obtained your diploma
You will also be requested to upload a personal video message, to convince us that you are the right candidate for the programme. In this video, you should introduce yourself and share your motivation for studying at BUas. The video should be English spoken, representative and no longer than 4 minutes. You are free to choose your own structure and content,
Topics that could be discussed:
1. Your motivation:
- Why did you choose to study in the Netherlands, what are your reasons for choosing our university and why hotel management?
- What can you tell us about the content of the education at the bachelor of Hotel Management?
2. Prior developed knowledge and skills:
- What (work)experience in hospitality have you gained? Have you been working or studying abroad?
- Tell us about your previous education (about the level and the course), language, skills, experience in group work and presentations.
3. Strong points / development points:
- What do you want to develop further and what do you need to improve?
- Are you financially able to study in the Netherlands? Do you need a study Visa?
- Have you thought about alternatives (plan B) in case you will not get accepted and what are these alternatives?
- Step 3: Your documents will be assessed - the selection procedure
Once the admissions officer has checked and (conditionally) approved your educational background, the video message will be assessed by the academy.
Additional selection criteria
Besides the formal admission requirements, there are several selection criteria. First and foremost, we are looking for intrinsically motivated individuals. Potential students that have affinity with the hospitality industry and/or proven work experience in this industry. Other selection criteria include personal qualities such as: analytical skills, understanding of commercial matters, social intelligence, service-oriented attitude, innovative mindset, communication skills, independence and entrepreneurial spirit.
You can track the status of your admission in My Online Application.
- Step 4: Complete your enrolment: payment of tuition fee
In order to complete your enrolment, you need to confirm your digital authorisation or pay your tuition fee. More information about payment of tuition fee.
We will keep in touch
During the entire application and selection procedure, Breda University of Applied Sciences will keep in touch with you via email. Please make sure you read and respond to the instructions in time.