For exchange students
Each year some 200 international exchange students from around the world attend an exchange programme at Breda University of Applied Sciences. Why not join them?
What is it like to do an exchange programme?
Exchange students Sitora, Laureanne, Judith, Ayperi, Joshua and Azgiada tell you all about doing an exchange programme at BUas.
To be admitted to one of our exchange programmes, you have to meet the admission requirements below.
- Your university is part of the Erasmus+ programme or has a student exchange agreement with Breda University of Applied Sciences
- You must be nominated by your university
- You need to have a good academic record (successful completion of first year at least)
- You should have sufficient English proficiency, see below
Test of English as a foreign language
As an international applicant, you will also be required to demonstrate sufficient results of one of these tests:
- CAE (Cambridge Advanced Certificate) or CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- IELTS test (minimum overall band score of 6.0, and minimum subscore of 6.0 for speaking)
- TOEFL test (minimum score of 80 internet-based, and minimum subscore of 20 for speaking)
- Exemptions from taking the English test
- You do not need to submit English language test results to be allowed to attend an English-language programme if:
- You are a Dutch havo or vwo graduate the language of instruction of the secondary school or university you attended or are attending is English in a native English-speaking country (i.e. one of the following countries: Australia, Canada (Quebec excluded), Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States of America)
- You have obtained a diploma that is included in the list of diplomas compiled by Nuffic and one of your exam subjects was English. Check the list of diplomas (pdf)
You have decided on an exchange programme, now it’s time for you to apply.
To apply for an exchange programme, please send an email to email@example.com.
Our reply will contain a link to an online application form which you have to fill in. Furthermore you are required to upload the following documents:
- 1 copy of your passport (personal details and expiry dates) or EU identity card.
- letter of motivation
- proof of English language level (if applicable)
Please note that only complete applications will be taken into consideration.
Deadline for application
- 1st semester (autumn / winter): 16 May for EU and NON-EU students
- 2nd semester (spring / summer) : 23 October for NON-EU students, 15 November for EU students
At BUas, you are not just a student number.
Student International Facility Management