In the academic year 2019-2020 the statutory tuition fee for bachelor programmes is €2,083. First-year students pay €1,041.
You pay the statutory tuition fee if you:
- have the Dutch nationality or the nationality of another country that is part of the EEA, or the Surinamese or Swiss nationality and
- have not already obtained a bachelor's degree from a government-funded programme in the Netherlands at the start of the academic year.
If these conditions do not apply to you, there may be other conditions through which you are eligible for the statutory tuition fee. To find out, please check the tuition fee regulation.
In all other cases you pay the institution tuition fee. In the academic year 2019-2020 the institution fee is €9,800.
NON-EU students, please take into account the costs of the immigration procedure.
If you qualify for a study grant, you will need to apply for this study grant at DUO Studiefinanciering (called ‘studiefinanciering’ in Dutch).
Besides the nationally-set tuition fee, please take into account the cost of:
- A laptop, click here for the technical requirements (pdf)
- Software € 50 - € 150 (every year)
- Textbooks, readers, materials € 50 - € 200 (every year)
- Introduction week € 135 (year 1)
- We encourage students to do an international work placement or exchange (costs vary according to the destination) in study year 3 and/or 4.
Note: all prices are indications and subject to change