Changes to application procedure (due to coronovirus).
Changes to the procedure below:
- Unfortunately, the selection interview at our campus in Breda cannot take place. For this reason, we will conduct the selection interview online via Skype instead.
- Mbo students (currently finalizing their education), who got accepted and are delayed in their graduation process, are permitted to start their study programme at BUas in September. They will be given the opportunity to successfully complete their mbo studies until January 2021.
Admission into this degree programme is based on enrolment restriction. Breda University of Applied Sciences applies a selection procedure as it admits a limited number of 180 students.
The deadline for your enrolment application via Studielink is up to and including 15 January.
For students with a diploma from a Dutch educational institution (educational institutions from the Netherlands Antilles not included) the application consists of the steps:
- Enrolment application via Studielink
- Take part in the selection procedure
- Online intake assignment
- A face to face interview
- Complete your enrolment; payment of tuition fee
Please find all the application deadlines below.
1. Enrolment application via Studielink
You are to apply through Studielink, the application and enrolment portal provided by the Netherlands Ministry of Education.
You can track the status of your application on your personal Studielink page and in the progress overview in My online application.
2. Take part in the selection procedure
The selection procedure consists of two parts:
- online intake assignment
- a face to face interview
After applying via Studielink, you will receive your BUas student number an e-mail with instructions for the further procedure, as well as a link to the assessment website. Make sure you do all the assignments before the deadline of 31 January. If you hand in the main assignment in time, you will be invited for an interview. The interview will take place on 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or 23 March.
In the selection interview you will present a portfolio to support your strengths in the chosen path. General developers are most common in small teams of ‘indie’ game developers, whereas specialists will usually focus on the larger game development companies.
On 15 April you will receive your selection ranking number from Studielink (via e-mail). The applicants with the ranking numbers 1 – 180 will be (conditionally) accepted. This will be communicated via e-mail. If you are accepted, you will be notified by Studielink and you have to confirm your place via your personal Studielink page. If you have a ranking number above 180, you will receive an email as well. You might still be selected, if people drop out from rank 1-180 the next ranked person will be invited to accept the space. If you have a rank ABOVE 250-300 the chance that you will be accepted on a later date will be slim.
3. Complete your registration: payment of tuition fee
The tuition fee is in most cases €2,143. In order to complete your registration, you need to confirm your digital authorisation or pay your tuition fee. More information about payment of tuition fee.
We will keep in touch
During the entire application, selection and registration procedure, Breda University of Applied Sciences will keep in touch with you through email. Please make sure you read and respond to the instructions in time. You can follow your progress in your pre-study portal.
If you still have questions on the application or selection procedure, please contact us via email@example.com.
- the deadline to register at Studielink is 15 January
- the deadline for the online assessment 31 January
- the intake interviews will take place on 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or 23 March
- final results 15 April via Studielink
- Final essential step: confirm your place via Studielink (or else your application will be rejected)