Application and selection
Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to apply for this degree programme for the academic year 2019-2020. You can apply for the academic year 2020-2021 from 1 October 2019 up to and including 15 January 2020.
Admission into this degree programme is based on enrolment restriction. Breda University of Applied Sciences applies a selection procedure as it admits a limited number of 180 students.
For students with a diploma from a Dutch educational institution the application consists of the steps:
- Apply via Studielink (before 15 Januari)
- Take part in the selection procedure
- Complete your registration: payment of tuition fee
1. Apply via Studielink
You are to apply through Studielink, the application and enrolment portal provided by the Netherlands Ministry of Education. Please ensure that you submit your application before the deadline, up to and including 15 January.
- Go to Studielink
- Login to your account or create an account if you do not have one yet
- Click “ Add previous education” and add the previous education that provides admission to the study programme of choice
- Click on ‘ Add new enrolment’ or ‘Enrolment application’
- Select your preferred programme and confirm your choice
- Enter the starting month in which you would like to start your programme (1 September) and confirm
- Answer the study programme-specific questions
- Tick the confirmation box and confirm your application
Keep track of your enrolment process
You can track the status of your application on your personal Studielink page and your personalised progress can been seen in your pre-study portal. If any input from your side is required, you will be informed via email.
2. Take part in the selection procedure
The selection procedure consists of two parts:
- online intake assignment
- a face to face interview
After you have registered at Studielink you will receive your BUas student number from us. You will receive a link to the selection website in a mail from us. In this mail you will find instructions about how to proceed. Enter the assessment website with your BUas Student number and follow the instructions on the website. Make sure you do all the assignments before the deadline of 28 January. If you hand in the main assignment in time, you will be able to plan a LIVE assessment for ONE of the offered dates in February or March.
In the selection interview you will present a portfolio to support your strengths in the chosen path. General developers are most common in small teams of ‘indie’ game developers, whereas specialists will usually focus on the larger game development companies.
On 15 April you will receive your selection ranking number from Studielink (via e-mail). The applicants with the ranking numbers 1 – 180 will be (conditionally) accepted. This will be communicated via e-mail. If you are accepted, you have to confirm your place via your personal Studielink page. (You will be notified by Studielink). When you have a ranking number above 180, you will receive an email as well. More information about the reason for rejection will be available on the assessment site. You might still be selected, if people drop out from rank 1-180 the next ranked person will be invited to accept the space. If you have a rank ABOVE 250-300 the chance that you will be accepted on a later date will be slim.
3. Complete your registration: payment of tuition fee
The tuition fee is in most cases €2,083. In order to complete your registration, you need to confirm your digital authorisation or pay your tuition fee. More information about payment of tuition fee.
We will keep in touch
During the entire application, selection and registration procedure, Breda University of Applied Sciences will keep in touch with you through email. Please make sure you read and respond to the instructions in time. You can follow your progress in your pre-study portal. For questions about the selection procedure, please contact the academy: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- the deadline to register at Studielink is 15 January
- the deadline for the online assessment 28 January
- the intake interviews will take place in February or March
- final results 15 April via Studielink
- Final essential step: confirm your place via Studielink (or else your application will be rejected)