Take a look at the latest news from the library of Breda University of Applied Sciences.
During the summer holiday the following opening hours & services of Buas Library apply:
- From 19 July - 27 August: Service Library Desk: Mondays – Fridays: 08.30 – 13.00 hrs
- From 30 August : Service Library Desk: Mondays – Fridays: 08.30 – 17.00 hrs
- Self-service and silent study areas available during Horizon Building opening hours
The online library is accessible 24/7 : www.buas.nl/library
Questions? Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or 076-5332290
As from 28 April the following opening hours & services of Buas Library apply:
- Mondays – Thursdays: 08.30 – 17.00 hrs (Students who are allowed on campus can study in library silent areas until 21.00 hrs)
- Fridays: 08.30 – 16.00 hrs (Students who are allowed on campus can study in library silent areas until 18.00 hrs)
- The online library is accessible 24/7 : www.buas.nl/library
Silent Study Areas
The silent study areas behind the Library are open for students from 8.00 – 21.00 hrs
We want you to study in a safe environment and to make social distancing possible, we have limited the amount of seats. There is a safe route to guide you through the rooms.
The online library will also remain accessible 24/7 : www.buas.nl/library
This allows you to still search and use over 60 online databases from wherever you are. And you can also find and use E-books via the resources on this website.
Please, contact library staff via email@example.com, or by phone 076-533290 or for specific research questions: the information specialists via the domain pages on the library website.
Get help from your comfy chair!
Could you use a helping hand with finding the proper information for your assignment, thesis, or research? Then follow one of our monthly online webinars from your comfy chair at home. Learn how to come up with an adequate (re)search question, use effective search words, select and use the resources of the Library, and correctly present your product.
You can subscribe to the following online webinars:
- Library Introduction & Basic Information Skills
- Advanced Information Skills
- Information Skills for Faculty
- Exploring Library Databases
- Google & Google Scholar
New in our collection
There are various new additions to the library collections.
Check out the selection of new additions per domain:
If you would like to borrow one or more of these materials, please let us know by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have you visited the library in the Horizon building yet?
During the summer of 2018 we moved 2 library collections (Tourism and Hotel & Facility) to the convent (a.k.a. The Horizon Building) and one library collection (Games & Media) has moved to the Sibeliuslaan.
As of October 21 2019 the collections of Built Environment & Logistics and Leisure & Events will be integrated into the convent library. Games and Media will move in after the Christmas Break in 2020.
What can you find in this library?
- Books, paper & bound journals for Tourism, Hotel & Facility, Built Environment & Logistics and Leisure & Events.
- Self-service corner; You can borrow and return books yourself and pay fines contactless and via pin.
- Did you reserve book(s) and received an email? You can pick up book(s) yourself (behind the self-service corner). Don’t forget to add it to your account!
- 2 Silent study areas (100+ seats). You can find these behind the corridor. There are different kinds of study spaces available, mostly one person spaces.
- Library staff to help you find your way.
- Research desk ‘Ask a librarian’, where you can ask for help when starting desk research for your thesis or an assignment, with finding, selecting and/or evaluating the right resources or when you need help with your reference list. There are also specialists available for questions and advice on publishing and copyrights.
- Print area with copiers and equipment to bind your assignments, reports etc.
- Screens to check our catalogue and digital collections
See you soon in the library!
We’re experiencing problems with access to full text articles in Google Scholar. Please use the work-around below.
Choose in the left menu > Settings > Library links > Search for : BUas > Tick off the box > Save. The “Find@BUAS” link will appear and give access to articles . After closing, setting will be lost.
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com
From the 1st of May 2019 newspaper database Lexis Nexis will be permanently replaced by the database Nexis Uni. Lexis Nexis can therefore only be used until the 30th of April.
Nexis Uni has the same content as Lexis Nexis, however if you are using links to content in Lexis Nexis you will need to replace these.
If you need help with this or if you have any questions regarding these changes, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nexis Uni can be accessed via www.buas.nl/library, choose your domain and select ‘ databases’ or use this direct link: http://webform1.nhtv.nl/mediatheek/Link.aspx?ID=3354
The Picarta database, also known as the Dutch Central Catalogue was mostly used for requesting books from libraries outside Buas. As of the 23rd of April it is no longer possible to order books and articles via Picarta yourself, as this functionality is no longer available.
The Dutch Central catalogue, with, amongst others, the overview of library collections from universities and universities of applied sciences, will know be made available via a new platform: https://picarta.on.worldcat.org/discovery. You can still use it to search for books and articles.
If you would like to borrow a material you have found via this new platform, you can do so by contacting: email@example.com
Individual Picarta accounts cannot be used anymore. If you are in possession of such an account and you need a material from another library, you can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding these changes, please contact email@example.com