Take a look at the latest news from the library of Breda University of Applied Sciences.
New in our collection
There are various new additions to the library collections.
Check out the selection of new additions per domain:
If you would like to borrow one or more of these materials, please let us know by contacting us via email@example.com.
Have you visited the library in the new Horizon building yet?
During the summer we moved 2 library collections (Tourism and Hotel & Facility) to the convent (a.k.a. The Horizon Building) and one library collection (Games & Media) has moved to the Sibeliuslaan.
As from September 2019 the collections of Built Environment & Logistics, Games & Media and Leisure & Events will be integrated into the convent library, so we can welcome all students in a brand new central library on the BUas Campus. At the moment we are still working on some issues concerning lighting, façade, checkpoint PCs.
What can you find in this library?
- Books, paper & bound journals for Tourism, Hotel & Facility.
- Self-service corner; You can borrow and return books yourself and pay fines contactless and via pin.
- Did you reserve book(s) and received an email? You can pick up book(s) yourself (behind the self-service corner). Don’t forget to add it to your account!
- Silent study area (60 seats). You can find this area in the corridor on the left-hand side of the Library. There are different kinds of study spaces available, mostly one person spaces.
- Library staff to help you find your way.
- Research desk ‘Ask a librarian’, where you can ask for help when starting desk research for your thesis or an assignment, with finding, selecting and/or evaluating the right resources or when you need help with your reference list. There are also specialists available for questions and advice on publishing and copyrights.
- Print area with copiers
What can you expect in the near future?
- Screens to check our catalogue and digital collections
- More seats in the library area
- PCs and laptop workspaces in silent study area
- Another silent study area will be ready in September 2019
- Lights in the corridors
See you soon in the library!
We’re experiencing problems with access to full text articles in Google Scholar. Please use the work-around below.
Choose in the left menu > Settings > Library links > Search for : BUas > Tick off the box > Save. The “Find@BUAS” link will appear and give access to articles . After closing, setting will be lost.
Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
From the 1st of May 2019 newspaper database Lexis Nexis will be permanently replaced by the database Nexis Uni. Lexis Nexis can therefore only be used until the 30th of April.
Nexis Uni has the same content as Lexis Nexis, however if you are using links to content in Lexis Nexis you will need to replace these.
If you need help with this or if you have any questions regarding these changes, please contact: email@example.com
Nexis Uni can be accessed via www.buas.nl/library, choose your domain and select ‘ databases’ or use this direct link: http://webform1.nhtv.nl/mediatheek/Link.aspx?ID=3354
The Picarta database, also known as the Dutch Central Catalogue was mostly used for requesting books from libraries outside Buas. As of the 23rd of April it is no longer possible to order books and articles via Picarta yourself, as this functionality is no longer available.
The Dutch Central catalogue, with, amongst others, the overview of library collections from universities and universities of applied sciences, will know be made available via a new platform: https://picarta.on.worldcat.org/discovery. You can still use it to search for books and articles.
If you would like to borrow a material you have found via this new platform, you can do so by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual Picarta accounts cannot be used anymore. If you are in possession of such an account and you need a material from another library, you can also contact email@example.com
For questions regarding these changes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org