Take a look at the latest news from the library of Breda University of Applied Sciences.
New in our collection
There are various new additions to the library collections.
Check out the selection of new additions per domain:
If you would like to borrow one or more of these materials, please let us know by contacting us via email@example.com.
Have you visited the library in the new Horizon building yet?
During the summer we moved 2 library collections (Tourism and Hotel & Facility) to the convent (a.k.a. The Horizon Building) and one library collection (Games & Media) has moved to the Sibeliuslaan.
As from September 2019 the collections of Built Environment & Logistics, Games & Media and Leisure & Events will be integrated into the convent library, so we can welcome all students in a brand new central library on the BUas Campus. At the moment we are still working on some issues concerning lighting, façade, checkpoint PCs.
What can you find in this library?
- Books, paper & bound journals for Tourism, Hotel & Facility.
- Self-service corner; You can borrow and return books yourself and pay fines contactless and via pin.
- Did you reserve book(s) and received an email? You can pick up book(s) yourself (behind the self-service corner). Don’t forget to add it to your account!
- Silent study area (60 seats). You can find this area in the corridor on the left-hand side of the Library. There are different kinds of study spaces available, mostly one person spaces.
- Library staff to help you find your way.
- Research desk ‘Ask a librarian’, where you can ask for help when starting desk research for your thesis or an assignment, with finding, selecting and/or evaluating the right resources or when you need help with your reference list. There are also specialists available for questions and advice on publishing and copyrights.
- Print area with copiers
What can you expect in the near future?
- Screens to check our catalogue and digital collections
- More seats in the library area
- PCs and laptop workspaces in silent study area
- Another silent study area will be ready in September 2019
- Lights in the corridors
See you soon in the library!