Check out if your previous education meets the requirements.
Master Strategic Events Management
If you want to apply for this master’s programme, you should have a bachelor’s degree. For example in the field of leisure, events, tourism, sports, hotel, facility, culture, business or economics, but also other bachelor's degrees are admissible. If you want to check out if your bachelor is a good fit, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
According to Dutch law, non-EU students are unfortunately not permitted to attend a part-time or executive degree programme in the Netherlands.
- You have specific knowledge of the events industry.
- You have relevant work experience iin or related to events.
- You are employed in the events industry (job or traineeship) for the duration of the programme.
- You have proven research skills at bachelor’s level (research methods and techniques, abstract and critical thinking skills).
- You have a well-founded motivation for events management.
English language requirements
You will also be required to demonstrate sufficient results on one of these tests:
- Cambridge English Qualification: results (B2 First, C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency), minimum total score 169 and minimum subscore of 169 for speaking
- IELTS Academic test: minimum overall band score of 6.0, and minimum subscore of 6.0 for speaking
- TOEFL iBT test: minimum score of 80 internet-based, and minimum subscore of 20 for speaking
- Exemptions from taking the English test
You do not need to submit English language test results if:
- you are a Dutch havo or vwo graduate
- you meet the educational requirements on the basis of a regionally accredited US Highschool diploma, the International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma, GCE A(S) level certificates issued by AQA, Pearson, OCR or Cambridge or the European Baccalaureate certificate (English Language 1 or 2)
- the language of instruction of the secondary school or university you completed or are completing is English in a native English-speaking country (i.e. one of the following countries: Australia, Canada (Quebec excluded), Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States of America)
- you have obtained a diploma that is included in the list of diplomas compiled by Nuffic and one of your exam subjects was English. Check the list of diplomas (pdf).