Do you want to start with the Master Strategic Events Management programme? See if you meet the admission requirements.
If you want to apply to this master’s programme, you should have a bachelor’s degree. Preferably in the fields of leisure, events, tourism, sports, hotel, facility, culture, business or economics.
According to Dutch law, non-EU students are unfortunately not permitted to attend a part-time or executive degree programme in the Netherlands.
- You have specific knowledge of the events industry.
- You have relevant work experience in, for instance, project management for b2b and b2c events, music festivals, sustainability management and/or related roles within the broader leisure industry.
- You have built a solid network within the industry that the student can use to boost his/her own development.
- You are employed in the events industry (job or traineeship) for the duration of the programme.
- You have proven research skills at bachelor’s level (research methods and techniques, abstract and critical thinking skills).
- You have a well-founded motivation for events management.
Flowchart for international applicants
English language requirements
You will also be required to demonstrate sufficient results on one of these tests:
- Cambridge C1 Advanced/ Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), with a minimum subscore for Speaking of 169
- Cambridge C2 Advanced/ Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English, with a minimum subscore for Speaking of 169
- IELTS test (minimum overall band score of 6.0, and minimum subscore of 6.0 for speaking)
- TOEFL test (minimum score of 80 internet-based, and minimum subscore of 20 for speaking)
Exemptions from taking the English test
You do not need to submit English language test results if:
- you are a Dutch havo or vwo graduate
- the language of instruction of the secondary school or university you completed or are completing is English in a native English-speaking country (i.e. one of the following countries: Australia, Canada (Quebec excluded), Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States of America)
- you have obtained a diploma that is included in the list of diplomas compiled by Nuffic and one of your exam subjects was English. Check the list of diplomas (pdf)