Why choose this master's programme?
- Unique programme which specialises in sustainable large scale outdoor hospitality, such as camping resorts.
- Combining theory and practice where you will be studying 6 months each in the Netherlands, Croatia and Spain, and 6 months in the country of your choice
- Learning in an international classroom with different nationalities
Study at three locations in Europe
In the first year of this English-taught Master Sustainable Outdoor Hospitality Management you will attend lectures at Breda University of Applied Sciences (in close cooperation with the Master of Tourism Destination Management)
In semester 2 you will also study at the University of Rijeka in Croatia. Furthermore, you will work on camping resorts in Croatia on sustainable business challenges in the fields of park design, stakeholder engagement, human resource management, concept design or strategic management.
In the second year you will move to the University of Girona (Spain) and deepen your academic and business management skills. In the last semester you will combine working as a trainee with a field research project and a thesis in a key outdoor hospitality region in Europe of your choice.
First-year courses in Breda and Rijeka
A few examples:
- Destination Stakeholders and Management
- Contemporary Marketing, Context and Trends
- Operational Management in Camping Resorts
- Experience Design in Camping Resorts
Second-year courses in Girona and a destination of your own choice in Europe
A few examples:
- Sustainable Development of Tourism
- Revenue and Yield Management
- Strategic Management of Camping Resorts
- Quantitative and Qualitative research Methods
The Master Sustainable Outdoor Hospitality Management is a two-year, full-time programme. The total study load is 120 ECTS credits. To give you an idea: 1 ECTS credit = approximately 28 to 30 hours of study.
We offer you a small-scale study environment. The number of students involved in this master's programme is about 20 persons (65% international).
“Live the life on campsites and discover its reality”
Students are eligible if they hold a bachelor’s degree (BA, BSc, BBA, B Com), for example in the fields of tourism, travel, hotel management, international business, management, economics, law, e-commerce, urban development, geography, social sciences or finance. Please check out the additional admission requirements.
If you meet the admission requirements, you are invited to apply for this programme. Please check out the application procedure.
- The total amount for this two year multiple degree programme will be approximately €9,900 for EU students. In the academic year 2023-2024 the statutory tuition fee for the BUas part of the master's programmes is €2,314. This covers the enrolment for two years.
- The remaining €7,700 tuition fees (approximately) for Croatia and Girona will be determined and charged during the academic year.
- Two students have a chance to win a €5,000 grant from the ACSI scholarship programme.
- In addition to the tuition fee, you will need to take into account additional costs for the purchase of study materials such as textbooks.
Virtual campus tour
Have a virtual look and discover our campus, the building where you’ll be studying and what more the campus has to offer.
Chat with a student
Do you still have some questions about this programme or BUas? Who better to answer these than a current student?
Get to know more about this master's programme by attending a webinar.
Graduates of the Master Sustainable Outdoor Hospitality Management entitled to three degrees:
- Master of Arts (BUas)
- Master of Science (UdG)
- Professional Specialist (UNIRI)
- Career examples
- Marketing Manager at Landal GreenParks,
- Human Resource Manager at Valamar Riviera,
- Concept designer at OYO Vacation Homes,
- Resort Landscape Designer at Pierres et Vacances,
- Parkmanagers of an international Holiday park.
Within five minutes you will find out if our small-scale study environment is the right fit for you!