Check out if your previous education meets the requirements.
Do you want to start on the Master Sustainable Outdoor Hospitality Management programme? Find out if you meet the admission requirements.
If you want to apply for this master's programme, you should have a bachelor’s degree (BA, BSc., BBA, B Com), for example in the fields of tourism, hotel management, international business, management, economics, law, e-commerce, urban development, geography, social sciences or finance.
Bachelor’s students with such a BBA degree are directly eligible if they meet the following criteria:
- knowledge (at bachelor’s level) of outdoor hospitality industry
- knowledge (at bachelor’s level) of cross-cultural studies
- academic skills at bachelor’s level (e.g. research methods and techniques)
Other degrees may also be considered in the case of excellent academic achievements. However, additional criteria will be applied for these applicants:
- clear affinity with international hospitality management
- strong analytical skills
- multidisciplinary orientation
All eligible candidates will be invited for an interview. All interviews will be held in English (see English language requirements for more details). The motivation for this programme will be discussed, as well as the international and intercultural experience of the applicant. To measure, amongst others, the research skills and academic writing skills, the applicant has to provide us with two references as part of the intake procedure.
For students without an educational background in Tourism and/or with limited or different research skills than required to use within BUas, we offer a self study package to be better prepared for the start of the programme.
English language requirements
You will also be required to demonstrate sufficient results on one of these tests:
- Cambridge English Qualification*: results (B2 First, C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency), minimum total score 169 and minimum subscore of 169 for speaking
- IELTS*: Academic test: minimum overall band score of 6.0, and minimum subscore of 6.0 for speaking
- TOEFL*: iBT test: minimum score of 80 internet-based, and minimum subscore of 20 for speaking
* Taken at a test centre only
- Exemptions from taking the English test
You do not need to submit English language test results if:
- you are a Dutch havo or vwo graduate
- you meet the educational requirements on the basis of a regionally accredited US Highschool diploma, the International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma, GCE A(S) level certificates issued by AQA, Pearson, OCR or Cambridge or the European Baccalaureate certificate (English Language 1 or 2)
- the language of instruction of the secondary school or university you completed or are completing is English in a native English-speaking country (i.e. one of the following countries: Australia, Canada (Quebec excluded), Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States of America)
- you have obtained a diploma that is included in the list of diplomas compiled by Nuffic and one of your exam subjects was English. Check the list of diplomas (pdf).