How to make AAA Games
Get educated by 30+ industry veterans, with multiple decades of experience across the board. Together with our game studio partners and alumni you will learn how to create the next big thing; either at one of the best game studios in the world, or by starting your own.
- Practice-based learning
By way of workshops, masterclasses, guest lectures, as well as working together with people from all disciplines of the Games programme, you will learn how to work in a team and create playable, enjoyable games.
- Working with the latest technology
Through the PlayStation First programme, we have access to all the Sony hardware, giving you the ability to learn and develop games for dedicated Sony Platforms. To bring realism to life, you can work with XSense Motion Capture Suits to bring unique animations easily to the virtual screen.
- Working with industry standard tools.
You will also learn how to work with industry standard tools. As such we are Houdini and Unreal Engine Certified. But you will also work with Perforce and Atlassian products. At the end of each academic year, we will also host the Industry Showcase Day, giving you as a student the opportunity to showcase the games you have made to your fellow students and to industry professionals. This will give you the possibility to network, gain access to interviews and placements.
Freedom in specialisation
To give you more freedom in specialisation, we offer several guilds and masterclasses to diversify and fast-track your knowledge. This can be done in many different areas such as procedural content, deep learning, animation and much more!
By learning from each other, from lecturers as well as industry guest lecturers, you will be able to expand your knowledge across many different areas of expertise if you wish to do so. With often weekly meetups, you will share your progress and discuss new topics applicable to the guild.
- Some of the groups that are available right now:
- Procedural Content Generation (+ our own event Everything Procedural)
- C++ and Core Game Technology
- Deep Learning
- Animation and Motion Capture
- Virtual Production
- Level Design
- … and many more
Our games and awards
Our students and alumni have won many awards worldwide with their own released games as well as with the (AAA) companies in which they have been working. Being credited with many top games like Guerrilla’s Horizon series, has placed our education among the top in the world.
With major industry titles like the Horizon franchise and The Division series, as well as games created in their own studios (i.e. RageSquid's Descenders and Twirlbound's Pine), our alumni work on enjoyable games with great communities; which shows in the rankings and awards we have won.
- Rankings and awards
- GAMEducation: #3 best video game school wereldwijd (2022)
- Princeton Review: #11 in top 50 Game Design – bacheloropleiding - wereldwijd (2023)
- The Rookies: #8 Best Game Design & Development Schools in the World (2022)
- Keuzegids: Top rated programme (2023)
- Grads in Games: Best Educational Institution Award (2019)
- Grads in Games: Higher Education Academic Award (2021 – Alan Jack)