Check out if your previous education meets the requirements.
Master of Science Leisure and Tourism Studies
If you have successfully completed the Bachelor of Science Leisure Studies programme, BUas pre-master’s programme Leisure and Tourism Studies (more information below), BUas pre-master’s programme Strategic Business Management and Marketing (SBM), or the Bachelor of Science Tourism programme, you will have direct access to the academic master’s programme.
If you have successfully completed an academic bachelor’s degree in any of the social sciences - such as sociology, psychology, economics, management or marketing – your access to the academic master’s programme will be evaluated in an introductory interview and/or an assessment of your methodology skills and academic knowledge in leisure studies.
Admission requirements for International applicants
For admission to this academic master's programme an academic bachelor’s degree is required. If you do not have a bachelor’s degree obtained in the Netherlands, our admissions officer will evaluate if your bachelor’s degree can be considered a professional or an academic bachelor's degree, compared to the Dutch educational system. The level of your research skills and theoretical background will be thoroughly evaluated, because an academic master’s programme requires a higher starting level than a professional bachelors degree delivers.
Pre-master Leisure and Tourism Studies
If you have a professional bachelor’s degree, you will first have to complete a pre-master’s track to prepare you for studying at an academic master’s level. After completion of this pre-master’s track, you will have direct access to the academic Master of Science Leisure and Tourism Studies.
Read more about the pre-master Leisure and Tourism Studies.
English language requirements
You will also be required to demonstrate sufficient results of one of these tests:
- Cambridge English Qualification results (B2 First, C1 Advanced or C@ Proficiency), minimum total score 180 and minimum subscore of 169 for Speaking
- IELTS Academic test (minimum overall band score of 6.5, and minimum subscore of 6.0 for speaking)
- TOEFL iBT test (minimum score of 90 internet-based, and minimum subscore of 20 for speaking)
Exemptions from taking the English test
You do not need to submit English language test results if:
- you are a Dutch havo or vwo graduate
- you meet the educational requirements on the basis of a regionally accredited US Highschool diploma, the International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma, GCE A(S) level certificates issued by AQA, Pearson, OCR or Cambridge or the European Baccalaureate certificate (English Language 1 or 2)
- the language of instruction of the secondary school or university you completed or are completing is English in a native English-speaking country (i.e. one of the following countries: Australia, Canada (Quebec excluded), Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States of America)
- you have obtained a diploma that is included in the list of diplomas compiled by Nuffic and one of your exam subjects was English. Check the list of diplomas (pdf)