Minor Esports Event & Media Management
September - February | English | 30 ECTS
Why choose the minor Esports Event & Media Management?
- Because you want to be part of one of the most exciting successes in entertainment and events
- It gives you the opportunity to get into contact with key players in the field of esports
- This minor will help you stand out from other young professionals
- Because it is fun to develop, produce and market an esports event yourself!
About Esports Event & Media Management
Get ready to work in one of the world’s fastest-growing industries: the games industry! In this minor you will explore the esports industry by organising an esports event and working on an assignment for a big player in the field, such as Nintendo or PSV.
This Esports Event & Media Management minor is all about electronic sports, one of the most upcoming and exciting successes in the world of entertainment. You will learn in detail about strategy, business, management and marketing, and develop, produce and market an esports event yourself!
More importantly, you will do this together with students and experts from different fields, such as Leisure & Events and Creative Business, in an international learning community, with key players in the field of esports. You and your team become part of their event marketing team.
After this minor
This minor will help you stand out from other young professionals. People who have taken the Esports Event & Media Management minor will go on to work as esports managers, business developers, digital marketers, project managers, event managers or brand managers.
How to apply?
You can choose this minor if you study at BUas, but students from other higher education institutes are also warmly invited to join. This makes for a diverse and inspiring classroom!
- How to apply: BUas students
For BUas students, the application option in Osiris opens from March. When you apply in Osiris you can indicate two preferences, these can be two different minors at BUas, but you should also indicate if you prefer to take an external minor.
Please note that application will be open from 4 March (midnight) to 28 March and that applicants will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- How to apply: non-BUas students
From 10 January, all information regarding the minors for 2024 -2025 will be available on Kies op Maat. From 5 February to 17 May, the application option and thus the download of the learning agreement will be open on Kies op Maat.
The full step-by-step plan:
- Download the learning agreement on Kies op Maat. Ask your own university of applied sciences to sign the learning agreement for approval.
- Start your application via Studielink – this is possible until 28 June. Go to the Study Programmes tab and click 'add new enrolment application'. Then click at 'Educational institution' on Breda University of Applied Sciences and enter 'Minor' or 'KOM' as search term. A list of BUas KOM minors per academy will appear. Make sure you apply for the right minor. Click here to see the correct manner to start your application on Studielink. After registering in Studielink you will receive two emails: one confirming your registration with BUas and immediately afterwards an email containing the login codes for and the link to Osiris Registration from BUas. If you do not receive the second e-mail, check your spam first and otherwise send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Receive access to My Online Application. Here you can complete – and keep track of – the next steps of your application.
- Upload the signed learning agreement in My Online Application (note: the learning agreement must be signed by your own university of applied sciences and yourself before uploading it on My Online Application)
- Request ‘Proof of Paid Tuition Fee’ statement. Since you are coming to BUas temporarily for a minor, it is important that you arrange payment with your own university of applied sciences. Once you have arranged payment, you will need to provide BUas with proof by means of a ‘Proof of Paid Tuition Fee’ statement. You can request this statement via Studielink, see the step-by-step plan here. Should it not be possible to request this via Studielink, you will need to contact your university of applied sciences yourself to request this document.
Make sure you complete all steps on time, as mentioned there are deadlines for downloading the learning agreement and starting your application. Once you have made a start in My Online Application, you have until 1 September / the start of the minor at the latest to complete your steps. Please note:
- Some minors have limited numbers of places available. Students will be admitted in order of application.
- If you are a student of an institution affiliated to Kies op Maat, the rules and agreements of Kies op Maat apply. The costs of the minor will be settled between BUas and your home institution. As a student, you won’t notice anything about this.
- If you are a student from a government-funded institution that is not affiliated to Kies op Maat, we will make separate arrangements about financing the minor before the start of the minor.