Do you want to start with the Master Tourism Destination Management programme? See if you meet the admission requirements.
If you want to apply for this master, you should have a bachelor’s degree (BA, BSc., BBA, B Com), for example in the fields of tourism, hotel management, international business, management, economics, law, e-commerce, urban development, geography, social sciences or finance.
Bachelor’s students with such a BBA degree are directly eligible if they meet the following criteria:
- knowledge (bachelor’s level) of tourism planning and development
- knowledge (bachelor’s level) of cross-cultural studies
- academic skills at bachelor’s level (e.g. methods and researching techniques)
Other degrees may also be considered in case of excellent academic achievements. However, additional criteria will be applied for these applicants:
- clear affinity with international tourism
- strong analytical skills
- a multidisciplinary orientation
All eligible candidates will be invited for an interview. All interviews will be held in English (see English language requirements for more details). The motivation for this programme will be discussed, as well as the international and intercultural experience of the applicant. To measure the research skills and Academic writing skills, the applicant will be asked to write an essay as part of the intake procedure.
To eliminate any deficiencies, we offer a self-study package with a corresponding examination. In concrete terms it encompasses:
- Tourism Planning and Development (bachelor’s level)
- Cross Cultural Studies (bachelor’s level)
- Financial Management (bachelor’s level)
- Research Methods and Techniques (bachelor’s level)
Flowchart for international applicants
This flowchart of the admission and selection process (pdf) shows how BUas handles the application for international applicants.