Working & Living in the Netherlands
Expats should feel welcome at our University of Applied Sciences and in Breda.
Why the Netherlands
Why live in the Netherlands?
- The Dutch are very open-minded.
- Our work-life balance is above average according to the OECD.
- We also perform above average in jobs and earnings, housing, education, environmental quality and health status.
- Breda itself is a sparkling city in the province of North Brabant with a cheerful character. The combination of its rich history and numerous present-day activities make it an inspiring city.
- Breda also offers expat groups; the ideal way for you to get to know fellow expats.
Why work in the Netherlands?
- It’s not all work, no play.
- Part-time working is very common and well-accepted in the Netherlands.
- We have great employment conditions, such as parental leave, a holiday and end-of-year allowance.
- The Dutch working culture is friendly and informal.
What do we offer expats?
Moving to another country is exciting, but it also involves a lot of effort in making it happen, and it takes time for you to get settled in. That is why our HRM office will guide you through this. In addition, we offer an expat buddy programme and Dutch language courses.