Minor Sustainability & Professional Identity
September - February | English | 30 ECTS
Why choose the minor Sustainability & Professional Identity?
- Because everyone has a different background, perspective and goal in life
- It provides you with the freedom to explore your professional identity
- It guides you through the Key Competencies for Sustainability (UNESCO)
- You are going to make society and the industry more sustainable
About Sustainability & Professional Identity
Do you think a lot about the biggest social challenge of our times? This minor helps you – as a learning professional – to discover how you can contribute successfully and responsibly to the sustainable development of our society.
In the Sustainability & Professional Identity minor you are in control of what and how you learn. Within four themed blocks you are invited to tackle challenges on several topics, ranging from changing the food system to creating an equitable society and achieving global degrowth.
You will attend seminars provided by our team of lecturers and guest lecturers. You come up with your own related learning activities in and outside the classroom. The types of activities could be a company visit, field research, working on a case study, or hosting an expert session on a specific topic.
After this minor
After this minor you have further developed your identity based on in-depth knowledge and skills related to your social responsibility as a professional. Experience has taught us that students enjoy the freedom they get. By coming up with topics of your own interest, you get the most out of this minor!
How to apply?
You can choose this minor if you study at BUas, but students from other higher education institutes are also warmly invited to join. This makes for a diverse and inspiring classroom!
- How to apply: BUas students
For BUas students, the application option in Osiris opens from March. When you apply in Osiris you can indicate two preferences, these can be two different minors at BUas, but you should also indicate if you prefer to take an external minor.
Please note that application will be open from 4 March (midnight) to 28 March and that applicants will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- How to apply: non-BUas students
From 10 January, all information regarding the minors for 2024 -2025 will be available on Kies op Maat. From 5 February to 17 May, the application option and thus the download of the learning agreement will be open on Kies op Maat.
The full step-by-step plan:
- Download the learning agreement on Kies op Maat. Ask your own university of applied sciences to sign the learning agreement for approval.
- Start your application via Studielink – this is possible until 28 June. Go to the Study Programmes tab and click 'add new enrolment application'. Then click at 'Educational institution' on Breda University of Applied Sciences and enter 'Minor' or 'KOM' as search term. A list of BUas KOM minors per academy will appear. Make sure you apply for the right minor. Click here to see the correct manner to start your application on Studielink. After registering in Studielink you will receive two emails: one confirming your registration with BUas and immediately afterwards an email containing the login codes for and the link to Osiris Registration from BUas. If you do not receive the second e-mail, check your spam first and otherwise send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Receive access to My Online Application. Here you can complete – and keep track of – the next steps of your application.
- Upload the signed learning agreement in My Online Application (note: the learning agreement must be signed by your own university of applied sciences and yourself before uploading it on My Online Application)
- Request ‘Proof of Paid Tuition Fee’ statement. Since you are coming to BUas temporarily for a minor, it is important that you arrange payment with your own university of applied sciences. Once you have arranged payment, you will need to provide BUas with proof by means of a ‘Proof of Paid Tuition Fee’ statement. You can request this statement via Studielink, see the step-by-step plan here. Should it not be possible to request this via Studielink, you will need to contact your university of applied sciences yourself to request this document.
Make sure you complete all steps on time, as mentioned there are deadlines for downloading the learning agreement and starting your application. Once you have made a start in My Online Application, you have until 1 September / the start of the minor at the latest to complete your steps. Please note:
- Some minors have limited numbers of places available. Students will be admitted in order of application.
- If you are a student of an institution affiliated to Kies op Maat, the rules and agreements of Kies op Maat apply. The costs of the minor will be settled between BUas and your home institution. As a student, you won’t notice anything about this.
- If you are a student from a government-funded institution that is not affiliated to Kies op Maat, we will make separate arrangements about financing the minor before the start of the minor.