Minor Bridging Your Field of Expertise with Data Science & AI
September - February | English | 30 ECTS
Why choose this minor?
- Because it is all about the art of data translation
- It helps you to become fluent in the strategies involving data analysis and AI application
- You get to work together with students from other fields of expertise
- This minor is not just about finding answers – it’s about pioneering them!
About Bridging Your Field of Expertise with Data Science & AI
In this minor you will embark on a transformative journey, where the art of communication meets the science of data. It is all about interdisciplinary innovation and collaboration.
Applied Data Science and Artificial Intelligence students work together with students from other domains on real-life cases for external clients. The first group of students serve as technological experts, the second one as experts in a specific field. Together they analyse the problem, describe data needed to contribute to the solution, develop it and present the outcomes to the client.
Just think of solutions in the context of diminishing returns of web shops by designing smarter recommender systems, use of generative AI in the production of games, use of robotics in hospitality or healthcare, or energy saving by analysing data in smart buildings, to name a few.
After this minor
This minor is designed for students poised to become the next generation of ‘Data Translators’ – visionary leaders who bridge diverse fields with the technological frontier of AI and Data Science. Ready to tackle real-world industry challenges through the lens of your domain expertise!
How to apply?
You can choose this minor if you study at BUas, but students from other higher education institutes are also warmly invited to join. This makes for a diverse and inspiring classroom!
- How to apply: BUas students
For BUas students, the application option in Osiris opens from March. When you apply in Osiris you can indicate two preferences, these can be two different minors at BUas, but you should also indicate if you prefer to take an external minor.
Please note that application will be open from 4 March (midnight) to 28 March and that applicants will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- How to apply: non-BUas students
From 10 January, all information regarding the minors for 2024 -2025 will be available on Kies op Maat. From 5 February to 17 May, the application option and thus the download of the learning agreement will be open on Kies op Maat.
The full step-by-step plan:
- Download the learning agreement on Kies op Maat. Ask your own university of applied sciences to sign the learning agreement for approval.
- Start your application via Studielink – this is possible until 28 June. Go to the Study Programmes tab and click 'add new enrolment application'. Then click at 'Educational institution' on Breda University of Applied Sciences and enter 'Minor' or 'KOM' as search term. A list of BUas KOM minors per academy will appear. Make sure you apply for the right minor. Click here to see the correct manner to start your application on Studielink. After registering in Studielink you will receive two emails: one confirming your registration with BUas and immediately afterwards an email containing the login codes for and the link to Osiris Registration from BUas. If you do not receive the second e-mail, check your spam first and otherwise send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Receive access to My Online Application. Here you can complete – and keep track of – the next steps of your application.
- Upload the signed learning agreement in My Online Application (note: the learning agreement must be signed by your own university of applied sciences and yourself before uploading it on My Online Application)
- Request ‘Proof of Paid Tuition Fee’ statement. Since you are coming to BUas temporarily for a minor, it is important that you arrange payment with your own university of applied sciences. Once you have arranged payment, you will need to provide BUas with proof by means of a ‘Proof of Paid Tuition Fee’ statement. You can request this statement via Studielink, see the step-by-step plan here. Should it not be possible to request this via Studielink, you will need to contact your university of applied sciences yourself to request this document.
Make sure you complete all steps on time, as mentioned there are deadlines for downloading the learning agreement and starting your application. Once you have made a start in My Online Application, you have until 1 September / the start of the minor at the latest to complete your steps. Please note:
- Some minors have limited numbers of places available. Students will be admitted in order of application.
- If you are a student of an institution affiliated to Kies op Maat, the rules and agreements of Kies op Maat apply. The costs of the minor will be settled between BUas and your home institution. As a student, you won’t notice anything about this.
- If you are a student from a government-funded institution that is not affiliated to Kies op Maat, we will make separate arrangements about financing the minor before the start of the minor.