The selection procedure consist of the following elements:
1. Study Skills Test
The study skills test consists of a questionnaire on general HBO competences. A person with insufficient study skills will be referred to a study coach for extra guidance if accepted onto the programme. The results of this and your reflection on the results are added as part of your presentation (see Presentation point 3.b.i).
2. Variation Assignment/Tests and/or Portfolio
The assignments per variation (listed below) are mandatory unless your portfolio clearly demonstrates all areas the assignment covers. The specific assignments are given when you access the assessment website.
- Design and Production
- Visual Arts
- Artificial Intelligence
3. Presentation (template will be provided)
- Motivation (20%)
- Why Games@BUas?
- Future Career Ambition - What will you do after Games@BUas?
- Suitability for the programme (30%)
- Study skills & reflection
- What do you do in your own time to develop yourself for the Game Industry?
- Best examples of teamwork?
- What other pursuits/passions/hobbies do you have?
With our small-scale and intensive education approach we are interested to see if you will be taking part in the extra-curricular activities organized by students and lecturers of BUas.
- Portfolio/Assignment/Tests - Skills & Knowledge (50%)
- What did you learn?
- What could you do better?
- Examples of your best work
- Skills and knowledge you already have
- Preliminary assessment will be based on the completion and quality of the presentation that is prepared.
- Applicants that pass the pre-selection will be invited for an interview.
In the interview the applicant presents their presentation followed by open questions by the interview team. Based on this interview the grades for Motivation / Suitability / Portfolio (see Presentation under point 3 above) will be finalized and the eligibility of a candidate is determined.