Changes to application procedure (due to coronovirus)
Changes to the procedure below:
- The regular application deadline (1 May) for new students will be extended to 1 June.
- Unfortunately, the matching day of the study choice activities cannot take place. This is why the study choice activity now only consists of the online assessment.
- Mbo students (with the right prior education) who are delayed in their graduation process are permitted to already apply and start their study programme at BUas in September. They will be given the opportunity to successfully complete their mbo studies until January 2021.
If you meet the admission requirements and you apply by 1 May at the latest, you will certainly be able to start your studies. If you apply after 1 May, Breda University of Applied Sciences will decide whether or not you will be admitted to the study programme.
For students with a diploma from a Dutch educational institution the application consists of three steps:
- Step 1: Enrolment application via Studielink
- Step 2: Study Choice Activities (Studiekeuzecheck)
- Step 3: Complete your enrolment; payment of tuition fee.
1. Enrolment application via Studielink
You are to apply through Studielink, the application and enrolment portal provided by the Netherlands Ministry of Education.
You can track the status of your application on your personal Studielink page.
Step 2: Study Choice Activities
Study choice activities help you discover if the degree programme for which you have applied actually suits you well. That is why these activities are compulsory for all applicants. The study choice activities consist of an online assessment and the Matching Day. Based on these two activities, BUas will issue a personal recommendation for you.
- Online assessment
You will be asked to answer questions about your personal details (contact details, motivation), about your personality and how you do things (competencies), and about your knowledge of the English language. What’s more, you will be given three articles from a trade journal which you have to read at home to prepare for the Matching Day.
- Matching Day
During the Matching Day, you will take a class and take part in a workshop. The student counsellor will be present to provide you with more information so you can get a better idea of what it’s like to study at BUas. Moreover, attention will be paid to mutual expectations and there will be ample opportunity to ask questions and talk to students, lecturers and the student counsellor.
After taking part in the study choice activities, you will receive a recommendation on your suitability for the degree programme. A positive recommendation is, of course, a good sign. Otherwise we would strongly advise you to obtain even more information about the degree programme you applied for and to explore possible alternatives. However, this does not mean that your admission to the degree programme is rejected.
Step 3: Complete your enrolment: payment of tuition fee
In order to complete your registration, you need to confirm your digital authorization or pay your tuition fee. More information about payment of tuition fee.
We will keep in touch
During the entire application, selection and registration procedure, we will keep in touch with you through email. Please make sure you read and respond to the instructions in time. You can follow your progress in your pre-study portal.