Opening academic year 2019-2020
15 augustus 2019
Innovation: The connection between industry and education
In a world where change is the only constant factor, the sectors we work with are facing many new challenges. In our experience, the close cooperation between industry and education results in innovation and value for both. That is why we are committed to engaging with students, alumni, lecturers, and partners on this topic.
The opening of the Academic Year is the moment after the summer holiday to start a new inspiring year together. Our goal is to connect and show how we make crossovers. Therefore, we would be delighted to celebrate our year opening with you. Participation of the event is by personal invitation only.
- 15.30-16.00 hrs: Walk-in and welcome (small atrium)
- 16.00 hrs: Opening ceremony by Bruce Hancock (Master of ceremonies), Academy director Media & Games, Breda University of Applied Sciences
- 16.15 hrs: Amy Smeed, Animations Director at Walt Disney Animation Studios
- 16.45 hrs: Thomas Mulder, BUas alumnus, TEDx speaker, Managing Director at We Are Live
- 17.00 hrs: Opening Academic Year by Elisabeth Minnemann, President of the Executive Board Breda University of Applied Sciences
- 17.15-19.00 hrs: Informal ‘drinks and bites’