Imagineering Strategic Design
MBA level | 2-week course | English-taught
Date to be announced
- You learn all fundamentals of the Imagineering design approach
- You learn to facilitate and ignite processes of collective creativity
- Assignments are based on real cases from the industry
- An international environment
In the Strategic Design course, students not only learn about the Imagineering design approach, the ABCDEF cycle, and principles for co-creating experiences with companies. They also dive into intensive collaborative work, where they experience group dynamics, co-creation, self-reflection, and self-development. Moreover, the courses are facilitated by experienced Imagineers, who also demonstrate and reflect on facilitation methods and tools with the whole group, so you can also learn how to facilitate your own creative sessions.
Some of the recent challenges we worked on in these courses are related to:
- Community building and sustaining in the private and public sectors, for diverse industries
- Sustainability challenges such as energy transitions, innovation in the oil and gas, and coal mining industries and their impact on regions and local economies
- Collaboration between SMEs for innovation and sustainability in hubs and living labs
- Workers migrations and over- or underpopulated regions. Their impact on local identities and intercultural competency development.
- Digital solutions and platforms that catalyse change and innovation in the industry and in the public sphere.
Skills you gain
- Facilitating and igniting processes of collective creativity
- Initiating and executing design research
- Designing and facilitating dialogues that create new perspectives, behaviour, and practices
Study load & coaching
This course consists of two three-day courses, where you will spend nine hours a day in class every day. The total study load is three ECTS credits. With one ECTS credit being equivalent to 28 hours of study, this means that the programme has a study load of approximately 28 hours per week.
The courses will be facilitated by two Imagineering lecturers. These lecturers will be available for consultation and formative assessment at several moments during the course. Furthermore, they will be responsible for the final summative assessment.
Your learning expedition consists of two three-day courses, in which you will be working on two design assignments that are based on real cases from the industry. During these presential courses, you will watch short keynote lectures on content that is relevant for the development of the assignments.
- Course 1: Experience Design Hackathon (Design Assignment 1) | group assignment on experience design. In this first immersion in the Imagineering strategic design approach, we apply the experience design logic in tackling companies challenges. It is a three-day pressure cooker style course, where learners approach design assignments in groups facilitated by Imagineer Lecturers.
- Course 2: Business Modeling Hackathon (Design Assignment 2) | group assignment on enterprise logic innovation. In this second immersion into complex challenges, you will apply the Imagineering approach with enterprise logic. That is, (re)designing business models to create systemic change in organisations. Here again, you will work with a team, facilitated by Imagineer lecturers. This course requires at least eight hours of preparation prior to the start of the course. After the end of this course, students have ten days to hand in a final individual one-page report on their experience, as well as their peer feedback assessments.
As a student, you are encouraged to manage your individual learning journey proactively from start to finish by accurately monitoring the process, reflecting on it, and making it tangible in a personal written reflection by the end of both courses.
In addition to the above, you are invited to co-create the collective learning journey with your fellow students. The course is deliberately designed as an interactive educational experience in which there is room for experimentation and iteration for and with all participants. You will be joining the class of the MBA in Imagineering.
More courses for professionals
Did you know that we offer more courses for professionals? On this page you will find an overview of all courses and you can read more detailed information about these microcredentials.