In the academic year 2019-2020 the statutory tuition fee for bachelor programmes is €2,083. First-year students pay €1,041.
You pay the statutory tuition fee if you:
- have the Dutch nationality or the nationality of another country that is part of the EEA, or the Surinamese or Swiss nationality and
- have not already obtained a bachelor's degree from a government-funded programme in the Netherlands at the start of the academic year.
If this does not apply to you, check the tuition fee regulations (pdf) to see whether there are other conditions through which you are eligible for the statutory tuition fee.
In all other cases you pay the institution tuition fee. In the academic year 2019-2020 the institution fee is €9,800.
NON-EU students, please take into account the costs of the immigration procedure.
If you qualify for a study grant, you will need to apply for this study grant at DUO Studiefinanciering (called ‘studiefinanciering’ in Dutch).
In addition to the national statutory tuition fee, please take into account the cost of:
- a laptop
- textbooks, readers and software € 400 per year
- excursions and field trips; between € 250 and € 700 euro per year, depending on your participation in excursions
- the introduction programme: approximately € 110 euro
Please note: all fees and costs are subject to change.